Old 22-12-2005, 09:11 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default FAO Chookie - chooks

In article ,
Aprill Allen wrote:

You did the rent-a-chook thing didn't you? How are they going/How did it go?
Haven't read the group for a while so I may have missed things.

Laying well! And I have found a source of layer mash only 10 mins away, at a
good price.

After some extensive rain a few weeks back ruined our pile of lawn clippings
(when dry, we use them for guinea pig bedding), we tossed it all in to the run
for the chooks to scratch in. They were just starting to create hard bare
patches, so it's been good for them to have soft stuff underfoot.

Quiches and their ilk have become usual weekend food. :-)

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.