Old 22-12-2005, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul D.Smith

Default Cranberries and Blueberries

I think Neil was suggesting not to irrigate with hard water.
I do know that they like acidic soil and that's about it.
My sister grows blueberries and gets a fairly sparse picking from quite a
few plants. I believe that is par for the course

According to the literature, it should be possible to get a reasonable crop
of blueberries. "The Telegraph" ran a short article a few months ago and
it still might be available on their website.

In New England, cranberries are grown in bogs and harvested by flooding the
fields at which point the ripe berries apparently detatch themselves from
the plants and float up. I'd always assumed that meant they liked boggy
conditions.

However, where did you get the cranberries from as I'd certainly like to
give some a try?

Paul DS