Old 22-12-2005, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default Anyone know the rose Mme Alfred Carriere? Other climber suggestions?

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 8:49:02 +0000, Charlie Pridham wrote
(in message ):

I don't know if I am right to do so but I just remove a couple of the oldest
stems each year by cutting them into short lengths then allowing their new
replacements to grow in. I find the ramblers more flexible and easier to
grow here, Cornwall is not good rose country!

I'd really like to understand this- can I ask what it is about ramblers that
seems more flexible (and easier to grow)? If I can get my head round this I
could be on to something (like knowing what I'm doing and even maybe making a
good choice....)

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)