Old 22-12-2005, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default OT where can I get one of those intercoms for the front door?

Go to your nearest Electrical Wholesaler and ask about 'Door Intercoms' I
fitted quite a few but they are a pain in the neck if fitted anywhere near a
damp situation. These are ideal for door entry within an Apartment complex
where they are well and truly in the dry of a reception hall.

Said to be 'waterproof', 'weatherproof' etc even to certain grades of water
ingress, but stand by for trouble :-((

Get yourself a peep hole in the door.

Mike

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I think we should be able to ask who is at the door before opening it, I
remember, and that could be a first for me, remembering that is, there

used
to be gadgets you put outside with a speaker and a microphone in, so if
someone rang the bell you could ask who it was before opening the door,

but
I have no idea where one would go for such a gadget.

So, which store do I ask at first?

Alan