Old 22-12-2005, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default OT where can I get one of those intercoms for the front door?

Please return to Home Page :-((

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I think we should be able to ask who is at the door before opening it, I
remember, and that could be a first for me, remembering that is, there

used
to be gadgets you put outside with a speaker and a microphone in, so if
someone rang the bell you could ask who it was before opening the door,

They are designed for multi-floor flats, but if you live in a house
with its own front door you don't need one. When someone rings at your
front door, if you stand behind the front door with it closed, you can
hear each other perfectly well. Just ask them who they are.

A small eye-spy-hole can be fitted in wooden doors very cheaply (you
can see the visitor, they can't see you).

All reputable tradesmen, and "official visitors" such as meter
readers, postmen, police, carry ID. Ask them to hold it up to the
spy-eye, or post it through the letterbox.

Janet