Old 15-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Kay Easton

Default Buying a good propagator for rearing exotics from seed

In article , Interested
Party writes
Years ago I bought a propagator from Thomson and Morgan, it used to reach
temperatures up to 90 degrees, and was ideal for germinating banana,
baobabs, nepenthes, bird of paradise, cacti etc.

I don't know about the others, but you don't need such high temperatures
for most cacti, surely?

Its long gone, and I've started my hobby again, but how do I get a
propagator that can reach such high temperatures nowadays, all the ones I've
looked at seem to belly out at 70-75 degrees fahrenheit, does anyone know of
a UK source for a decent and reasonably priced (Budget limited to £100
maximum) propagator that I can germinate exotic plant seeds in.

Have you thought of making up one with a soil heating cable and a
thermostat?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: