Old 23-12-2005, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default Frozen Calathea?

......and when the temperature goes below freezing, they are irrevocably
dead.

"Anthony B" wrote in message

"Robert" wrote in message
. 11...
My three varieties of calathea all died after living happily in a bright
room near north-facing windows for more than a year; I suspect I let the
house get too cold during a few frosty nights we were unprepared for.

How low does their temperature tolerance go?

Thanks,

Rob
Maryland

Rob,
Calthea, like most torpical/houseplants, begin to become unhappy(shedding
foliage, turning yellow,esct.) at temps below 55 degrees and will begin
to die at temps approaching 40 degrees and below

Anthony B
Ky Certified Nurseryman