Old 23-12-2005, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Cranberries and Blueberries

"La Puce" wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
Bit concerned about the flooding etc, and I've just read about using them
as
pond edging, this suggests wet boggy conditions are preferred. They will
have to take their chance with our silt/clay soil as there is nowhere to
collect rain on the allotments.

My friend has them in pots on her lotty and has rested the pots in deep
containers so that they take the water as they need it. She also uses
green felt to cover the top of the pots around the plant held with
little stones to keep the moisture in as much as possible. She doesn't
have a massive crop, but the berries are huge and delicious.

Thanks

Ho! And why can't you collect rain on your lotty?

No roof.

--
Regards
Bob