Old 23-12-2005, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George

Default Getting rid of squirrels?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 00:30:00 GMT, Salmon Egg
wrote:

This past year has been a disaster in terms of getting fruit from my trees.
The gray squirrels get them first. ..

So how can these critters be controlled? Is there a poison bait particularly
effective against them?

We've had squirrel problems for years. One year, I 'relocated' 15 of
them. AFAICT, it made no difference: new ones come. IMO, it's a
matter of having a very hospitable environment for them: lots of trees
(including walnuts), no predators.

Lately, I've just been cursing them, which seems to work as well as
anything else we've done.

George