Old 24-12-2005, 07:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
PoconoRobin

Default Attach 4" pipe to pool skimmer question

I need advice on hooking up a swimming pool filter to a 4" PVC pipe which
will gravity drain to a 55 gallon settling tank (along with a 4" pipe from
my bottom drain). See http://powlusr.tripod.com/Pond/Pond.htm#Update pick #4
for details.

I'm looking at three possible skimmers, 2-wide mouth (11.5" wide rather than
8") and 1 long neck (neck extends further from the pool, err pond). Would
wide mouth or long neck be better?
$49.99 Deluxe Skimmer - wide mouth
http://www.wards.com/wards/prod_dis...&pp=yes&afsrc=1
$44.99 ABS - wide mouth
http://www.poolstore.com/store1/wel...immerindex.html
$46.82 SP1097 long neck
http://www.cheappoolproducts.com/Sw...19~product.html

Any suggestions on how to attach a 4" PVC pipe to the bottom? How do you cut
the hole? Use a collar? What type of glue? Has anyone had problems doing
this. I'm trying to save money, but would I be happier in the long run if I
attach the 4" PVC to a regular pond skimmer such as the $145 Atlantic 4500
(http://www.pondliner.com/AtlanticPS4500.htm).

--
Robin
The Poconos, PA