Old 24-12-2005, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Larry

Default Lighting Question...part 2

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:04:17 -0800, "Steve Rosenthal"
wrote:

In a subsequent post I had asked what lighting was recommended for a 29g
(US) planted tank. Currently I have the stock lighting, and although the
plants are doing alright, they could obviously do much better with the
proper lighting. I have looked on a couple of site and found 36in lighting
kits, but I haven't found anything that will fit a 29" lighting assembly.
Am I looking in the wrong places? Please help!

Steve

Hi Steve ,

I have a tall bow tank your size. I used the standard flourescent
that came with it and found lower portions of the plants were dying. I
changed over to BIG AL's 24 " - 55 watt canopy and fluorescent. Cost
about 100cdn but wow it's worth it. Replacement bulbs aren't cheap
(45 ish cdn) and need to be changed every 6months- darn!!!

I've also learned to add potassium along with regular fertilizer since
my swords were turning colour at the edges.

happy light hunting

Larry