Old 24-12-2005, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default the days are getting longer!!!

I celebrated the Solstice by having a bonfire :-)
Good excuse to have a tidy up.

Oh dear :-((

Don't tidy up. As someone else has already stated, the birds love to get in
and on the 'left overs'. Blackbirds, Wrens and Mistle Thrush under the
leaves and debris in the beds. Goldfinches on the dead Lavender heads, Blue
Tits on the 'dead' Buddleah (sp) and so on.

and whilst talking of the birds, don't forget to keep the water free and
unfrozen. We had a wondeful display of a Blue Tit have in bath today :-))
How it flew after I don't know.

Now if I had painted or photographed something I saw today, one person at
leaast would have had great delight in calling me a liar AGAIN. All within
the view of my bino's, a Blue Tit on a fat ball which was hanging from a
tray with a Robin on it, and all in front of a brid bath with a male
Blackbird having a drink.

but there you are, truth is stranger than fiction and as I have said before,
truth WILL prevail.

What a sad life where you have to call someone a liar :-((

Mike
Who never knowingly tells lies :-))

Very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all who have not killfiled
me as the weak ones say they have.

but still pop up and take a poke at me...... you watch :-))))))))))

Bit of homework for you if you tire of Xmas Pudd. etc. Please search the urg
archives, and see if you can find where I have said that my daughter is 'The
Lady of The Manor'.......... Clue. I haven't :-))