Old 16-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Inge Jones

Default Large shrubs next to fences

In article ,
says...

It will almost certainly damage the fence eventually and it will be
difficult for you to get to the back of the shrubs to trim them. How about
putting wires on the fence and training climbers up them? Several are
evergreen and with judicious planting, you could have colour and scent all
year round.

We put up a new fence and made some errors in that one post was not
upright and leaned outwards. We happened to plant a ceanothus by the
fence there, and when it got big enough, it looked as if it was the
ceanothus that had forced the fence out of line, not our incompetence.
Clever move (-: