Old 25-12-2005, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Default growing a walnut tree

"Karl Warner" wrote in message

to me, no other walnut compares. Comparable would be hickory nuts.

I agree with you, black walnuts are the best tasting of all but the
hardest to shell out. I also agree that hickory nuts are just as good,
but even harder to shell out. After eating these all my life, I just
don't like the walnuts that come from the retail store at all - like
eating cardboard in comparison!! This year was a bumper crop of both
black walnuts and hickory nuts in North Georgia.

Tom J