Old 25-12-2005, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Reminder for Christmas Day

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , Sacha
writes
Quite a few people do this already but I thought I might give a nudge

Not really had time to look round properly but our Lapageria is in

bloom.

Well, there you are! And what else will you find tomorrow..........?
;-)

Early Christmas morning walk round the garden with my old girl shows a
distinct reversal to a decade or more ago: unlike recent years, when
there were always roses etc., this year six weeks of almost daily frost
has done for just about everything, except the faithful prunus
subhirtella autumnalis and, of course, the winter jasmine. I live in
hope that it has also done for some of the pests and diseases of recent
years!

A happy Christmas to all!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Thanks for the reminder! made the effort this morning while waiting for
children to appear to have a quick whiz around.
I noticed the following
Acacia retonoides
Acacia baileyana
Mahonia x media
Viburnum bodentense
Euryops
Tibouchina urvilleana
Lapageria's, rosea, Flesh Pink, Nash Court, Alba and Beatrix Anderson.
Correa alba
Scilla madeiriensis
Buddleja madagascariensis (several other Buddlejas nearly there)
Coronilla valentina
Eupatorium ligustrinium
Solanum laxum Album
Clematis cirrhosa balearica
Clematis fasicuilifolia
Camellia 'St Ewe'
Was really quite surprised as we don't try at this time of year! :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk