Old 25-12-2005, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Tools value?

"Bob Hobden" wrote
Do you know the true replacement value of your garden tools and sundries
if they get stolen?

We have had our Landrover 90 (defender) van stolen from outside our house
with all our allotment tools on board last night. Spent the day costing
replacements for everything we can remember was on-board....£726. !!!!
Frightening isn't it.
Wellies (3 pairs) alone came to £105.

Got home late last night to find a message on the answerphone from the
Police to say my Landrover has been found in Slough because the thief left
the window open and someone reported it as insecure. It's in a pound 'till
Tuesday but the driver that took it in says it's OK as far as he could tell
and there is some stuff in the back but he couldn't say what. So we will
have to wait to see what's left, and what damage has been done, fingers
crossed.

--
Regards
Bob