Old 26-12-2005, 05:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

Default New Pond pictures

Koi-lo wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

Koi-lo wrote:

You have a truly beautiful pond and some very nice koi. :-)

THANKS! I got them all from the pet stores (you know, the 'chain'
places) for under $5. There were all about 2-3 inches.
Now that the days are getting longer, it won't be long before spring is
here again! Yea!!!!!!! :-) .

==============================
Isn't that something? I would have guessed they cost you a lot more.
Some of mine are from PetsMart and as cheap as $1.50 each as 2" fry.
:-) The rest are from an Aquarium and Pond store in Nashville - and
none were over $10.00, including my butterfly koi. I looked at the
koi PetsMart has for sale there now and some are very colorful
attractive fish. I did end up buying two more fancy goldfish while
there..... it's an addiction I tell you. An addiction.... :-)))

*sigh*... You are SO right about the addiction part. I keep telling
myself, 'no more' No more! NO MORE!' And then, sure enough, there is
just one more that could use a better home than the 10 gallon tank in
the store. I have about 31 fish now, and I am really hoping I can just
let them grow and grow without adding more. EXCEPT for a couple of
replacements for the white koi I lost last year. :-( . But that should
be it. I think. LOL

I had no idea ponding would be so enjoyable when I started. This
spring, just a few months away, I am going to put my veggie filter in
the ground to replace the big ugly plywood box that is there now. I
think I will look much nicer and i will be able to do more with it.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
W. Dale