Old 27-12-2005, 02:07 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default New Pond pictures

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Koi-lo wrote:

I did end up buying two more fancy goldfish while
there..... it's an addiction I tell you. An addiction.... :-)))

======================
*sigh*... You are SO right about the addiction part. I keep telling
myself, 'no more' No more! NO MORE!'

I've given up telling myself that because I know I will weaken if I see the
right fish.....

And then, sure enough, there is
just one more that could use a better home than the 10 gallon tank in
the store. I have about 31 fish now, and I am really hoping I can just
let them grow and grow without adding more. EXCEPT for a couple of
replacements for the white koi I lost last year. :-( . But that should
be it. I think. LOL

No use foolin' yourself. That wont be the last fish. :-))) I go into
these stores to buy something like a net or package of frozen brine shrimp
and come out with one or two more fancy goldfish. These stores that sell
fish are so compelling, so alluring.... and the fish so attractive and
seductive. I take a peek into the goldfish tanks and the little scaly
stinkers start saying "Buy me! Pick me! Take me home with you....."

I had no idea ponding would be so enjoyable when I started. This
spring, just a few months away, I am going to put my veggie filter in
the ground to replace the big ugly plywood box that is there now. I
think I will look much nicer and i will be able to do more with it.

True. My veggie filter-settling tank can't be put into the ground so I hide
it with parrots feather which completely hides all 4 sides by mid spring.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
W. Dale

--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...