Old 27-12-2005, 10:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default Who We Are revisited

Jo, just caught up with your above post. Three questions:
1. Whaffor you only buy a "tiny greenhouse"? You *know* you're going to have
to get a bigger one.
2. How do the cat & canary get on? Could tell an amusing tale of a previous
cat & budgie of ours.
3. Hermit crab?? Logistics of that? Considering its habitat needs & also the
above cat?

On 25 Dec 2005 05:24:46 -0800, "Raevyn" wrote:

Hi All,
Ok, my turn!

-- Who am I and What Is My Gender?
My name is Jo, I'm Female (last time I checked) and I'm an
Orchidoholic!

-- Where am I? Where do I grow?
I'm on the South Coast of Western Australia in a place called Albany, I
grow my orchids on my back verandah/porch.

-- What do I grow?
Den Kingianum Hybrids, about 15 now I think, a Paph, Epidendrum, two
Dens and 4 Cymbidium.
I recently lashed out and brough a flask of Den Kingie Hybrid
seedlings, called (Wait for it...!) Den Intense x Class 'Musky' x Aust
Rose Beauty 'Pink Delight' HCC/AOC.
I've brought a tiny Greenhouse to house them in once deflasked

-- The decade of my age?
Most people think I'm in the second decade but actually starting my
3rd.

-- How long have I been growing orchids?
Oh I just checked and realised I've been growing orchids since 2004 so
that's how long now? .

-- My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?
Not killing them!! Oh, and getting them to Flower! Last big
accomplishment, that I haven't got 100 Orchids by now!

-- Miscellaneous Info...
I live in a rented property with my Two Children, a Son, 10 and
Daughter, 7. My Daughter is showing some interest in Orchids, hoping to
pass the Orchid addiction along to her
Pets? One Cat, one Canary and one Hermit Crab.
I'm currently Studing my Bachelor of Arts in Internet Study and Design.
After 3 years I should be able to do a proper Website for just about
anyone

Dave Gillingham