Old 27-12-2005, 11:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default Who We Are revisited

Trouble with that is, when you're in your early sixties you have to say you're
in your 7th decade :-(((( But, having taught maths - as in short for
mathematics, as opposed to math which presumably is short for mathematic - I
must agree with you. (How do you do an emoticon for "ducking the flying
cowpats"?)

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:21:12 -0500, "danny" wrote:

Just as a general comment, it seems that for "The decade of my age" many
people are using the first digit of their age. This ignores the first
decade they lived. Someone in their 30's is in their 4th decade, not their
3rd.
-danny

Dave Gillingham