Old 27-12-2005, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Help me id this plant

The plant is bush-like - someone gave me a drink of juice made from the
fruit. The leaves are three semi-slender slightly serated deep green
with red veins and stems. There is a delicate flower - small creamish
white.

The fruit is a nickle sized bulbish looking - almost acorn shaped. It
is shrouded in deep red pedals that is appears eventually open. I am
not sure what stage of development the fruit is in so it may become
significantly larger.

I can email a picture of the fruit and leaves it it will help.

Thanks