Old 27-12-2005, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne

Default Some Advice

That depends on a lot of things. If your garden is flat and the water has
nowhere to go, adding sand will help only in that it will raise the level of
the garden. Then if the water level raises you will have the same thing.

When soil is mostly clay, you will get that kind of problem. If you can
remove soil/clay several feet deep, adding sand to top soil and your other
additives will help the water drain, at least to the level of the clay.

You might try building some raised areas in your garden. I woud make them 8
to 15 inches high, fill them with dirt mixede with sand and peat moss and
what ever else you want to add, and plant your things there.

Maybe someone else here has a better idea.

Dwayne

"Sandy Savage" wrote in message
Hi Group,
Can anyone tell me how to dry the soil in my garden. Is it correct that
sand helps?

T.I.A.

Micky Leeds