Old 16-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default Soil and pest question

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:44:35 +0000, "Sarah Dale"
wrote:

OTOH, I love cucmber, but I don't think its practical for me to grow as I
have no greenhouse, and you can't freeze a glut, so thats one thing I'm
not going to grow, although I want to eat it.

You could try pickling any excess. Just sprinkle cut slices with large
amounts of salt and leave them to drain in a collander for a couple of
hours then bung them into jars with a bit of dill and some pepper
corns after rinsing under the tap and patting dry with kitchen paper
and fill the jars up with white vineger, pet the top on and leave it
for a month or two and you've got really tasty pickles for next to
nothing.

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.