Old 28-12-2005, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default rats and peanuts

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

"ken" wrote in message
ups.com...
I stopped feeding squirrels and birds last year becasue rats came and
ate the sunflower seeds - i have 2 questions - do rats bother with
peanuts? and Is there some kind of see i can put out that will not
attract rats?

thanks

ken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I regret that rats will always be attracted whatever the type of food.
Two weeks ago I was invited to an elderly neighbour's to watch the
squirrels
climbing up to her bird feeders. I wish that I had not told her that they
were actually rats!! She hasn't been the same since and has stopped all
feeding.

Good, hopefully that'll kill off some of the tree rats as well, unless that
is what you were describing!

Alan

Best Wishes Brian.