Old 28-12-2005, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Audrey

Default Wintering a Russian Sage in a container

I"m a novice gardener and growing plants in containers on my terrace.
I purchased a Russian Sage that grew beautifully all summer. In
October I brought it indoors to repot and didn't get it back out
promptly. I've now repotted the plant and mulched it, but while
inside, the plant has sprouted new growth. Can I put it back outside
now (we live in New York City)? Should I keep it indoors until Spring?
What's the best strategy for seeing the Sage through the winter now
that it has begun to regrow?