Old 29-12-2005, 05:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca

Default let the deluge begin!!!!

madgardener wrote:
I got home from taking my little mini-cat, Maggie (Xena around mama g) to
the vet's to be spayed, and stopped at the top of the ridge beside the
mailboxes. The view southwards towards English Mountain was awesome. The
thick clouds had gathered midway up the mountain side's, clinging to the
trees and cedar needles in soft grays and blueish white clumps and wads. On
the ridge where I was, the sky was crispy blue but starting to dirty up with
the approaching rain storms the meteorologist had promised last night.

Sounds like the weather here, Maddie. It rained all night, hard, about
10 am, the sun
peeked out, and I went out to deadhead all the remaining roses and got
rid of
all the botrytis infected globs. About the time I finished, it started
to rain again,
so I had to go indoors. Then about an hour later, more sun, so I
popped some
leftover, forgotten daffodils into the ground and planted some
flowering Kale.
It's been raining cats and dogs, plus some freezing before Christmas.
Now it's
warmer, so that will mean some foggy mornings.

Happy New Year to you in Fairy Holler
Emilie
NorCal