Old 29-12-2005, 04:26 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default how much could i get for them?

"Lucky_13" wrote in message

I live in the United States

my parents have a 150 gallon pond in their front yard with 6 koi and 2
goldfish. they are seriously outgrowing it. we're going to build them
a larger pond in the back yard, but our yard is small and i think no
matter how big we make it, it will still be too small for all those
fish once they're adults.

i am considering selling a couple of the koi. i have a metallic gold
and black snakeskin koi that is about 8-10 inches long, an orange
metallic koi that is about 10-12 inches long, two butterfly koi, one
black and white, one kind of a peachy color, that are i think 6-8
inches not counting their tails, and one blue koi that is a good 12
inches. he's a lighter gray blue with darker blue spekles all over
him. and also a little 5" platinum koi.

this is the blue koi, so you can see his color. that is a 6" wide net,
and as you can see, he's sticking right out of the top of it. this
picture was also taken LAST YEAR.

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._Eden/koi.jpg]

these fish were all bought at about 2-3 inches of length at various LFS
for about $5 or less. they're not specially bred or anything. i'm just
wondering what i might be able to get for them, IF i decide to sell
them.

Your little pond is horribly overcrowded. Not knowing the going rate where
you live (the UK) it's impossible to say what you can get for them. Here in
the mid-south of the USA I get $20 to $30 each since the store will have to
make a profit when selling them. You may get a bit more if you advertise
them in one of those Penny Pincher newspapers. Mine are usually smaller
when I sell them though.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952