Old 29-12-2005, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice

Default generators

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:03:27 GMT, Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:

Use fuel to provide electricity, and you waste energy in the
generation, the transmission and in turning the electricity to heat.

I did think that if you ran the generator in the greenhouse you'd
benefit from the waste heat but you'd really need to vent the exhuast
outside so you'f loose the heat in that, a significant proportion of
the heat input.

Red diesel is a *LOT* cheaper than paraffin.

Well if you buy parrafin in 5l containers from a garden center I'd
agree. I buy it in some what larger quantities for around 30p/l. A few
years back it ws 17p/l. Kerosene, parrafin, 28sec domestic heating oil
are all the same stuff. Some might be "perfumed" and slightly better
refined but it's all essentially the same stuff.

Not sure how much Red is these days, I'd expect about 40p/l as it does
carry a bit of Duty.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail