Old 29-12-2005, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Jampton

Default greenouse heaters, soil warming cables, etc

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:45:03 GMT, wrote:

I have a 3kw greenhouse fan heater but when we had the frost last time
I was unhappy with its frost setting. The problem is that the heater
switches on and the heater body warms-up so the thermostat switches
the heater off. The problem is only the fan heater is now above
freezing; the rest of the greenhouse is not!

I have a Parasene electric greenhouse fan heater. When I bought my first
one it acted like you say. I exchanged it but the second one acted in the
same way. I exchanged it again and the third one worked fine and is still
in use. Temperature here last night dropped to - 6° C and the heater kept
the lowest temperature in the greenhouse to + 5° C set on the next setting
to frost protection - it does not run continuously.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton