Old 29-12-2005, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Latest Report

"Padger" wrote in message
. uk...

"dylan" wrote in message

"PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR" wrote in message
Frantic activity here in our garden now from many different birds
We also have a new visiting Song Thrush as well who is being chased off

by
the male Blackbird
(greedy *^%£"*)

How's Yours?

Here our most exotic visitors are the ring necked parakeets which depend
on
the generosity of the garden bird table suppliers of food to keep them
throughout the winter.

The parakeets here are a damned nuisance, so I have to devise ways of
preventing them getting at the stuff I put out for the smaller birds.

Hanging peanut feeders within a foot of the ground seems to deter them,
but I did manage to get, from Squires, a completely round hanging basket,
which is a bit like a ball, about 15 inches in diam, put the seed feeder
in that, and none of the larger birds can get at is, I forgot to mention
the pigeons, our garden seems to have something they cannot resist, and
they make a real mess of the veg garden when they destroy all the
seedlings I plant.

That's my moan over!(:-)

Alan