Old 29-12-2005, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Another daft question!

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

Thanks, although I could have sworn it was on a monday, but the
senile decay
is pretty advanced, so I was probably wrong!

It was probably during the war, when Tuesday was bombed.

But when somebody upthread felt a song coming on, I heard Flanders
and Swann: "The slow train." Stand clear, folks: I think I've got a
what my kids call an "Oh, God! Dad's going to cry!" in the offing.
And, yes, I _do_ remember Adlestrop..."all the birds of
Oxfordshire..." (Edward Thomas, was it?)

I treasure a full BR timetable for 1958: poetry in its purest form.
With milage in the margin.

--
Mike.