Old 30-12-2005, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
GA Pinhead

Default Seed starting environment

I'd worry about the temp now. I use the electric propagation mats for
bottom heat. You could enclose it in plastic to hold more warmth in.

Good Luck! John!

Matthew wrote:
Hello:

I would like to start some seeds. The only environment I have to do
this in is my basement. My basement gets very little sunlight, it is
humid and it is drafty.

I do have a growing kit from Burpee which includes a flourescent light
and little plastic containers with their special starter soil on the
bottom.

I got the stuff from Burpee last year but then I was too late to start
anything. Now I am on time for seed starting.

Will these enhancements be able to mitigate the lack of available
sunlight or should I not bother trying to do this?

Thank You

Matthew Harelick