Old 30-12-2005, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Hello, im new

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Rusty Hinge 2 contains these words:

Here in the Shivering South
East, snowflakes as big as rags are driving and dancing on the wind,
swirling and whirling like ghostly Dervishes in frenzied flurries
outside my windows before finding some spot of stillness and tranquility
and subsiding there to cocoon the winter landscape in a duvet of
Christmas-come-lately.

Ah yes; we have watched in horror as Shivering Southern weather
presenters gasp about "Heavy snowfalls several centimetres deep", and
"Siberian temperatures of -6C ". I particularly enjoyed the
demonstration of "what to carry in the car in case of severe weather
conditions", which included a miniature plastic spade sold here for
childrens' beach play.

Indeed - my bro' and I had a giggle at the snowploughs scraping
imaginary snow off almost clear roads (presumably) for the benefit of
the Idiots' Lantern cameras, and pictures of snow lying at least two
snowflakes deep...

Actually, here in Naaaarfk, the snow was quite respectable, but what's
precipitating has turned to rain now, and the crust that was lying in
sparkling splendour is now looking rather forlorn and slushy.

And, rock for dry stane walls is in short supply in East Angular -

Never mind. If you get one of those plastic Siberia-spades, you can
build an ice wall, like in igloos.

Too late. In the winter of 1947/8 my ole man and I rolled-up big
snowballs and built an igloo (for me) with them. It lasted from February
until the beginning of April, and at the end of April the outline of its
foundations still whitened the back lawn.

That was the winter the fox got my ducks, Ploof and Gabble. (
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/dux.jpg - pic taken in 1946)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig