Old 30-12-2005, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Replacing Water Butt Tap

The message
from "M" contains these words:

With all the snow and rain I checked the tap on my water butt, the tap
"opened" easily but no water, not one drop. It maybe that some of the water
in the butt has frozen although I'm thinking the mechanism of the tap has
failed.

Much more likely that there's a plug of ice in it.

I will check again tomorrow . I have a spare tap but what is the standard
procedure/tool to get the nut fitted on to the tap inside the butt ? The
water butt is too tall to reach into .

Any tips ?

Yes, pour warm water over the tap until it unfreezes.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig