Old 30-12-2005, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Hello, im new

On 30/12/05 23:22, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 30/12/05 7:39 pm, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:
On 30/12/05 2:06 pm, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:
snip

That was the winter the fox got my ducks, Ploof and Gabble. (
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/dux.jpg - pic taken in 1946)

The year I was born! What a very "aaaaah" pic - absolutely charming and a
bit Christopher Robin in the nicest sort of way!

Hmmmm.

OK, that's one literary allusion - now - why Ploof and Gabble?

clue

You in the group, if anyone, ought to know!

/clue

Didn't Starck design a chair called Ploof? Other than that, I don't know
and have to go to the bottom of the class!

Ha! Gottit but I admit I had to Google as it was a little before my time!
Ploof the Wild Duck by Père Castor?

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk