Old 31-12-2005, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara

Default OT computer mystery

In message , Robert
writes
The same thing happened to me with a pc. I am using Outlook Express and
that message box came up with "Do you want to compact messages". I
accidentally said yes and then turned the pc off. Apparently this part
of OE is very unstable and if you interrupt the compaction, all your
messages disappear. I lost all my receipts and software codes etc.
Wonder if that was what happened to you?

We try not to be swamped by paper, so I keep all the (hundreds of) work
emails we get.
But I did exactly the same thing, and lost two years' worth of our
filing!
I now back up all the emails before I go anywhere near compacting, and
to be absolutely safe I get Eric (husband) to watch me doing it all.

As for Sacha's completely blank emails, including headers, we've been
getting lots of those lately - I have no idea what they are.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin