Old 31-12-2005, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT computer mystery

On 31/12/05 8:24, in article
, "Robert"
wrote:

snip

The same thing happened to me with a pc. I am using Outlook Express and that
message box came up with "Do you want to compact messages". I accidentally
said yes and then turned the pc off. Apparently this part of OE is very
unstable and if you interrupt the compaction, all your messages disappear. I
lost all my receipts and software codes etc. Wonder if that was what
happened to you?
:

Don't think so, Robert. I use Apple's own mail program for emails, not OE
and have never seen such a msg. Anything the program does, it does all of
its own accord as soon as you open it and without prior consultation! In
any case, nothing was different and no msg. appeared when I shut the machine
down last night.

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk