Old 31-12-2005, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default OT computer mystery

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

A most peculiar thing has happened to my Mac. I switched it on this morning
and every single message in my Inbox, read or unread, has disappeared, apart
from three that arrived overnight. One of those was a total blank - no
sender, no subject, no message. I may be able to pick them up some other
way but has anyone any idea why this has happened? At times, I'm rather
concerned that some of the spam I get has the names of either myself or
people I know and email with, in the subject header. Am I being paranoid or
is someone 'getting in' to my computer. I have Norton running at all times,
BTW.
The other filing boxes appear to have all their contents still.

Can't help with the evaporation - never used a Mac, but the spam is
nothing to worry about. The addresses generally are acquired by bots or
trojans either ensconced on someone's Windows box and plundering the
address book of Outlook or Outlook Express, or extracting addresses from
the www or usenet postings, then forging the headers to appear to come
from trusted correspondents.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig