Old 31-12-2005, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Cheryl Rogers

Default Plants look like dying

No, No, no! Don't stop CO2.

RIGHT NOW, agitate the surface of the water by adding an airstone on
full. AND/OR get a pitcher and dip it into the tank. From a great
height, slowly pour the water back in, disturbing the surface as much as
possible. Repeat until the fish are no longer seeing pink elephants.

Can you test for your water's KH? Very simple count-the-drops test.

Likely your KH is too low. You can increase KH by adding a little baking
soda. Get it up to 4 or 5 degrees. This will also increase pH.

Transparant leaves to me sounds like either a nitrogen deficiency or an
iron deficincy. I also use Seachem ferts, and I dose with Seachems
Flourish Iron because there's just not enough iron for my plants in the
regular Flourish.

You can also get ferts at www.gregwatson.com.

Cheryl

Dukester wrote:
Some fishes just drop dead in my tank.. My clown loach.. just dead ...

I think my PH drops too much due to Co2.... I may have to give that up.