Old 17-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Onions

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 18:39:08 -0000, "richard.sadler"
wrote:

Thanks Stephen, your reply has greatly helped me improve my, what is at
present ,very limited horticultural knowledge. I have just sown Bedford
Champion and, when the time comes to transplant, will bear in mind your kind
info. ps Thinking back to Gardeners Question Time, Bob actually said, "Get
your onion seed in now and don't forget when it comes to planting them out,
wash the roots".

Good choice, the Bedfordshire Champion - not a large onion, but packed
with flavour. Keeps reasonably well, I'm just finishing off last
season's crop and the stragglers are getting soft.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk