Old 17-02-2003, 09:13 PM
david

Default B & Q

Well B & Q in Bridgend used to have an Ex Gardencentre worker in
charge,,,result first class plants well cared for , well presented and I
should think very little loss, here Swansea and Neath ........Pathetic
plants left on trolleys and just the outside edge watered, plants all over
the place on their sides for days so any watering does no good, " trolleys
of Indoor Azaleas put outside in heavy frost. etc etc...
Speak to the manager.......you have to be joking.. came as near being rude
as is possible, what did I know of the problems of running a store of that
size....the person incharge of that department was on the sick,. same story
3 times in 6 months..
I give up..... Shed mentality.
..and as for Asda...(Wal-Mart)........they should stick to baked
beans......but then even those are dented... plants stay on the trolleys for
weeks, and Oh! surprise surprise they are dead. but then we used to water
them but someone stole the hose pipe...honest. that was the story.

Moral is Support your local independent Nursery... if he/she messes up its
his/her pocket and name that suffer. also the advice is normally good and
free, esp. if you are buying.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries