Old 01-01-2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R

Default Dahlias in the Front Yard or how to impress nosy neighbors!!

wrote:

Try that (giving some to your neighbors); you will find that it soothes even the snootiest of neighbors.

Good advice, Bill. So do you find that the tomato cages are sufficient
to support the dahlias without them tumbling over? I usually find that
the tomato cages aren't even sufficient for tomatoes! :P

Thanks for the input!

-Fleemo

The support rings that I use are the larger (taller) ones,
not the "cheap" ones sold by places like Wal-Mart. They
work well for most Dahlias but on the really tall ones I use
a ring and a wood stake (6 foot tomato stake pounded about
15 inches into the ground). I tie the main Dahlia stalk to
the stake and the ring supports the rest of the plant. That
has worked well for me and I have been growing Dahlias for
many, many years.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850