Old 01-01-2006, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Default Baby Robert

J Fortuna wrote:
Not orchid related, but probably not unexpected by rgo regulars:

Just to let you know that baby Robert was born on December 27th. He is
adorable. I will try to post a baby picture to abpo someday when we get a
bit more organized. For now we are living in the strange state of new
parenthood that involves almost no sleep, what with the feedings and the
changings, and almost nothing gets done.

Luckily we have been getting a few welcome visits from friends who have been
assisting us with such things as feeding the parents or decluttering the
war-zone ... hmm, I mean the condo, and other things which might not have
gotten done otherwise. As a result, during one such welcome helpful visit, I
was able to water a few orchids, concentrating primarily on those that were
overdue to be watered already, that need frequent watering, and that are
small enough for me to lift (since I am not supposed to be lifting anything
heavier than the baby for the next two weeks, and a few of my larger orchids
in clay pots I think may well be heavier).

I am going to bed now to try to catch some shut-eye myself.

Best,
Joanna

Congratulations Joanna!
I was just thinking of you last night about an hour or so before you
posted your good news. I looked back to find where you said your due
date ... Jan 4th. Then I checked to see when you last posted a message
here ... Dec 23rd.
I decided I would wait until the 4th and then start asking if anyone had
heard from you. Now, here you are with the good news. I'm very happy for
you.

Steve