Old 17-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Mike

Default Large shrubs next to fences

In article , Martin Sykes
writes

I do want to remove the fence but only when the hedge is able to do its job
in terms of both security and privacy.

Martin at that time your boundary, or the definition of your boundary
could move to the line of the stems/trunks of your hedge plants. May I
suggest that you drive a row of steel stakes into the ground as close to
your fence as possible and link them with a steel wire. 1 Metre stakes,
3 metres apart with a wire top, bottom and middle.

I had a large piece of land in Leicester which was 'house locked' with
28 houses backing onto it's boundary, this boundary was like a Dog's
Hind leg.

I am now in the process of sorting out another large chunk of land with
a public path running down one side for over 200 metres. This has to be
fenced/defined. The other boundaries have about 30 - 35 houses bounding
it!!! Not my responsibility, but has to be sorted/agreed amicably :-}} A
few steel stakes would have helped :-((
(They 'might' be here, I haven't had a chance to examine it yet)

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.