Old 01-01-2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Winter goldfish in Chicago

Thanks for the suggestion Jan. I made a crude framework over my pond
with lumber and stapled a clear plastic tarp onto the wood. I left the
bottom edge of the tarp loose to allow for some air circulation. I'll
see what happens when it rains or snows; if the tarp sags into the water
I'll either tighten it up and remove the slack, or take the tarp off.

Or poke a hole or two. )

If it works well, I'll have to monitor the water temperature so that I
know when to start feeding the fish.

Good time to get a wireless thermometer. Monitor it right from your desk.

Thanks again, and have a happy, healthy new year,
Rich

Ditto. ) ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a