Old 02-01-2006, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Environmentally friendly pest control

In message , Dave the
exTrailer writes
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 10:54:31 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Dave the
exTrailer writes
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:51:21 +0000, tommyturner
wrote:

I am new to this gardening thing and need some help as to what to do!
I was wondering if there is any gardening solution to pest control
without using pesticides, the kind of pests I am interested in
controlling a whitefly, greenfly etc...

We have a womderfull pest control.
Its called free range chickens. Black rock hens.
Yep they mess up the flower beds a little but are wonderfull at
controllong slugs, beetles and other little nasties.
Oh and they also leave very nice little eggs.

You forgot to mention the lovely compost, Dave Happy New Year.

Yep except its not so lovely when you tread in it !
Ive just wandered around the garden with the hose, washing all their
poop into the ground.

No it isn't. One year I collected it all together and by the next year
the compost was lovely and no smell.
--
June Hughes