Old 03-01-2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Gardening zone in Guthrie, Oklahoma

"Boxwood Studios" wrote in message
oups.com
I'm going to retire soon, and I'm going home where I grew up,
in
Guthrie. One of the things I want to do--besides teach (I'm a
music
teacher)--is gardening. I remember how beautiful both sets of
grandparents' gardens were. I have been collecting seed
catalogs for
this purpose.

Problem is, I can't figure out what growing zone Guthrie is in,
whether it's 7a or 6b, since there's a little bump in the
chart,
just above Oklahoma City where Guthrie is. (In the Stokes
catalog,
for example.)

Anyone know about this?

Thanks,