Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Unwanted catalogues

shazzbat wrote:

Never mind mailing list, they put you on a database so you get catalogues
from all and sundry. Some years ago I bought my daughter for Christmas a
watch she fancied which came from somewhere rather more up market than my
usual sources. Next thing I knew, all manner of luxury goods catalogues were
pouring through the letterbox.

We are under a mountain of catalogues here too. A few years ago I was
particularly busy and thought I'd do shopping by catalogues over
Christmas. I mainly used the usual kids stuff like Hawkins Bazar,
Henleys etc. Now we're plagued by them. I have a recycle facility
through which I can get rid of them, that is after removing the plastic
wrappers, but sometimes I'm so tempted to keep them and send them back
the lot. Even the local museum is sending us stuff to buy from their
shop which is a 10 minutes bus ride! They're all at it, from the
Belgium choccies factories to the white linen company, the Stuff you
don't need but Want ... as if (