Old 02-01-2006, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Trellis killing plants...

On 2/1/06 18:47, in article , "RzB"
wrote:
snip
It's two
6ft panels long and sort of sticks out at right
angles from the house. Between the house
and the first trellis post/panel is the large,
healthy clematis.

Does your neighbour paint his side with something or spray something
around his side?

No - and we don't spray any sort of week killers..

Do you get strong/cold wind through the trellis?

Well, this house wall is north-west facing, but is
very sheltered. We are between Winchester and
Southampton... Tropical all year round :-)

I think you said that you're growing the clematis in pots with bamboos,
didn't you? Could this be the problem? Clematis like a cool root run so
they may be getting too hot and they like to be kept pretty damp - though
not water logged - at the roots. Perhaps they have a conflict of
nutritional interests with the bamboos, too?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk