Old 02-01-2006, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Unwanted catalogues

On 2/1/06 20:18, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Why do companies insist on sending catalogues when you order from the
net? I'm perfectly able to browse the companies catalogue on line, and
the extra expense of sending out catalogues must jack up the prices.
Surely an option on ordering to opt in to catalogues should be provided.

Why does every company I buy from by mail order, add me to their
catalogue mailing list again with every purchase? Sending multiple
copies of expensive colour-printed catalogues to the same name and
address is costing them a fortune, and I'm sorry to say one often
notices over time that the quality of the goods gradually declines
accordingly. Yes, I have contacted them and suggested they cut me down
to one copy per issue. No, it doesn't make any difference. It makes me
particularly cross when the catalogue comes from a charity .

I always tick the "don't send me catalogues from you or anyone else" box and
I am snowed under with the damn things.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk